How wonderful it would be if we could learn a new language just by watching videos! Believe it or not, this is possible with a little bit of effort. In this article, we’ll discuss how to go about learning English from videos. We’ll also provide some tips on how to make the most of this learning method. Keep reading to find out more!
What videos should I watch to learn English?
● YouTube (for beginner to advanced);
● FluentU (for intermediate to advanced);
● EnglishCentral (for beginner to advanced).
Which YouTube channels are the best for enhancing English speaking skills?
● English with Jennifer — this channel is perfect for beginner and intermediate learners. Jennifer offers lessons on grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, and more.
● ESL Videos — the channel is full of fun and informative videos for English learners of all levels.
● Rachel’s English — Rachel is an American teacher who helps students improve their spoken English with clear and concise explanations.
How can I improve my English by watching videos?
- Make sure that you watch videos for the level of English that you’re currently learning. If you’re a beginner, don’t try to watch movies! Start with easier content and work your way up. You can test your English here.
- Be sure to practice what you’ve learned. Many of the websites have exercises and quizzes to help you do that.
- Try to mimic what you hear in the videos. This is a great way to improve your pronunciation.
- Take notes while you watch. Noting down new words and phrases that you hear will help you remember them longer.
- Try to find videos that appeal to you. If you’re interested in the topic of the video, you’ll be more likely to pay attention and learn from it.
- Watch the videos with English subtitles. This will help you understand what is being said in the videos and improve your listening skills. There are many programs that you can use to edit subtitles. Some of these programs are free, while others are paid. Here are some examples of subtitle editing programs: Jubler, Open Subtitle Editor, Subtitle Workshop, Movie maker for Mac.