We offer Junior Courses for individual students from early January to early May and from early June to mid September and for groups all year round.
The first course offered at Harrow House in 1969 was a Junior Course, which makes our Junior Programme one of the most established and longest running Junior Courses in the UK. The success of these courses is borne out by the very high student return rate, with up to 40% of students returning for a second year and many returning for a number of years thereafter.
Other contributing factors are: our unrivalled facilities, active evening programme with a wide range of social activities, sports and games every evening, dedicated teachers, an international atmosphere with over 50 different nationalities (in the summer season), supervision by our residential staff; on-site residential accommodation and the safety of Swanage as a destination, to name but a few.
Outdoor Activities and Excursion Programmes are weather dependent.
Junior English plus Academic Challenges
Age Group: 14 - 17 years
Course Start Dates - every Saturday from:
08 June 2019 - 31 August 2019
Course Duration: from 1 week
15 hours of English language tuition per week
+ 15 hours of academic challenges
+ evening entertainment 7 days a week
+ full-day excursions per week: two during two week
stay, three during three week stay, etc.
+ 1 half-day Sunday excursion per course stay
CEFR English Level: B1 - C2 (no beginners)
All Junior Courses include:
• Placement test
• Orientation tour of the College
• Teaching materials
• 15 hours of English language tuition per week
• +15 hours of your selected course options per week (see Example Timetable)
• Evening entertainment 7 days a week (see Sample Evening Entertainment Programme)
• Full-day excursions: two during two week stay, three during three week stay, etc.
(a packed lunch or a luncheon voucher is provided at weekend full-day excursions) (see Excursion Destinations)
• 1 half-day Sunday excursion per course stay
(One-week courses include one half-day Sunday excursion only)
(There is no half-day or full-day excursion on Easter Sunday)
• Full-board College accommodation in standard College bedrooms
(a supplement applies for twin bedded or en-suite College
bedrooms. Minimum age 11 years).
• Full-board Homestay accommodation for Junior students from 14 years of age
(Lunch is provided at the College from Monday to Friday when Homestay
accommodation is booked) (see Accommodation Options)
• International Student Insurance (see all relevant Insurance Documents)
• WiFi in designated areas of the College
• Student Welfare Support (more information)
• Student Welcome Folder
Daytime Activities for the Junior English plus Academic Challenges Course
15 hours per week including a range from the following:
British Culture & Customs, Class Trips to Historical Sites, Diverse Lectures & Talks, Drama Workshops, English Literature Projects, Exhibition & Museum Visits, Exploring Natural History, UNESCO Jurassic Coast Trips
(These activities are delivered through lectures, conversation, drama, class research and project work as well as visits or guided tours).
Evening Entertainment for all Junior Courses include a range from the following:
Bingo, Competitions, Computer Activities, Cultural Activities, Discos, Face Painting, Films, Karaoke, Pantomime, Quiz Games, Sports Activities, Swanage Town Quiz, Swimming, Talent shows, Themed Discos, Wii Games
Course Fees - Junior English plus Academic Challenges
Course fees incl. full-board College or Homestay accommodation, excursions and International student insurance
Per person / per week
08 June 2019 - 29 June 2019 - £690
29 June 2019 - 27 July 2019 - £705
27 July 2019 - 31 August 2019 - £690
BACK TO TOP
1. Choose your course. Please contact Harrow House if you require further information.
2. Complete the Enrolment and Medical Forms. No payment is due at this stage.
3. Harrow House will confirm your enrolment if not fully booked and send invoice. You need to pay the enrolment fee of £80.
4. The balance of the fees are due no later than eight weeks before arrival. Payments can be made on our website, which is the cheapest payment option for you, or via bank transfer.
5. When we have received the total Invoice amount from you we will send you your pre-arrival documents and your accommodation address details.
6. You need to inform us of your arrival and departure flight details no later than 4 weeks prior to arrival.