We offer Junior Courses for individual students from the beginning of January to the beginning of November and for groups all year round.
The first course offered at Harrow House in 1969 was a Junior Course, which makes our Junior Programme one of the most established and longest running Junior Courses in the UK. The success of these courses is borne out by the very high student return rate, with up to 40% of students returning for a second year and many returning for a number of years thereafter.
Other contributing factors are: our unrivalled facilities, active evening programme with a wide range of social activities, sports and games every evening, dedicated teachers, an international atmosphere with over 50 different nationalities (in the summer season), supervision by our residential staff; on-site residential accommodation and the safety of Swanage as a destination, to name but a few.
Outdoor Activities and Excursion Programmes are weather dependent.
Junior English plus Academic Studies
Junior English plus Academic Studies is suited to students that want to improve their English and expand their knowledge and horizons in an academic environment.
Age Group: 14 - 17 years
Course Start Dates - every Saturday from:
04 January 2020 - 07 November 2020
Course Duration: from 2 weeks
(minimum of 10 weeks recommended if taking examinations)
15 hours of English language tuition per week
+ 15 hours of academic studies
+ evening entertainment 7 days a week
+ full-day excursions per week: one during two week stay, two during three week stay, etc.
+ one half-day Sunday excursion per course stay
CEFR English Level: B1 - C2 (no beginners)
PET, FCE and IELTS - 12 October 2019, CAE 19 October 2019
PET - 14 March 2020, 04 June 2020, 10 October 2020
FCE -13 March 2020, 06 June 2020, 10 October 2020
CAE - 14 March 2020, 10 June 2020, 17 October 2020
IELTS - 07 March 2020, 30 May 2020, 24 October 2020
All Junior Courses include:
• Placement test
• Orientation tour of the College
• Teaching materials
• 15 hours of English language tuition per week
• +15 hours of your selected course options per week (see Example Timetable)
• Evening entertainment 7 days a week (see Sample Evening Entertainment Programme)
• Full-day excursions: one during two week stay, two during three week stay, etc.
(a packed lunch or a luncheon voucher is provided at weekend full-day excursions) (see Excursion Destinations)
• One half-day Sunday excursion per course stay
(One week courses include one half-day Sunday excursion only)
(a supplement of £29 per week applies for a twin-bedded or £39 per week for an en-suite College bedroom. Minimum age 11 years)
• Full-board Homestay accommodation for Junior students from 14 years of age
(Lunch is provided at the College from Monday to Friday when Homestay
accommodation is booked) (see Accommodation Options)
• International Student Insurance (see all relevant Insurance Documents)
• WiFi in designated areas of the College
• Student Welfare Support (more information)
• Student Welcome Folder
Daytime Activities for the Junior English plus Academic Studies Course
15 hours per week including a range from the following:
British Culture and Customs, English Literature, Mathematics, General Science, History, Geography, Business, Sports and Activities.
The Academic subjects are delivered through class work, research and project work, practical presentation, lectures, as well as visits or guided tours.
Course duration of 10+ weeks includes: individual learning plan (ILP)
Evening Entertainment includes a selection from:
Bingo, Computer Activities, Conversation Club, Cultural Activities, Discos, Face Painting, Films, Gym Club, Karaoke, Music Club, Pantomime, Quiz Games, Sports Activities, Study Club, Supervised town visit for students aged 13 and under, Swimming, Talent Shows, Themed Discos, Wii Games, Yoga and Dance
Course Fees - Junior English plus Academic Studies
Course fees incl. full-board College or Homestay* accommodation, excursions and International student insurance
Courses start every Saturday from (fees are per person / per week):
04 January 2020 – 20 June 2020 - £595
20 June 2020 – 29 August 2020 - £695
29 August 2020 – 07 November 2020 - £595
Supplement for Homestay accommodation: £50 per person per week
Examination dates and fees 2020:
PET – 14 March 2020, 04 June 2020, 10 October 2020
FCE – 13 March 2020, 06 June 2020, 10 October 2020
CAE – 14 March 2020, 10 June 2020, 17 October 2020
IELTS – 07 March 2020, 30 May 2020, 24 October 2020
PET £95, FCE £135, CAE £140, IELTS £220
BACK TO TOP
1. Choose your course. Please contact Harrow House if you require further information.
2. Complete the Enrolment and Medical Forms. No payment is due at this stage.
3. Harrow House will confirm your enrolment if not fully booked and send invoice. You need to pay the enrolment fee of £80.
4. The balance of the fees are due no later than eight weeks before arrival. Payments can be made on our website, which is the cheapest payment option for you, or via bank transfer.
5. When we have received the total Invoice amount from you we will send you your pre-arrival documents and your accommodation address details.
6. You need to inform us of your arrival and departure flight details no later than 4 weeks prior to arrival.